Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

One of the many great things about living in the DC area is that on very special holiday's like Memorial Day we are surrounded by many amazing Americans who patriotically celebrate this day off for the right reasons. I am so very proud when I see the gangs of Harley's making their way down to the city to pay their respect to all of our fallen heros. It gives me hope that there are still so many who remember and are grateful for those who have lost their lives on behalf of our freedom. Occasionally you see people that forget we are a country founded on freedom and take these privileges for granted. It is heartbreaking to watch ignorance take over. It would be so easy to say people don't care but I see so many who do care, and I choose to focus and praise them. I honk and wave at those Harley gangs, I give them a big thumbs up! They are spending time as a group of people doing something they love, riding their motorcycles, the ultimate feeling of freedom, but all the while remembering the soldier who allowed them to do so. I am proud to be an American, and proud of those who celebrate this holiday for the right reasons. So the next time someone says "Americans have no culture" say to them "No you are wrong, our culture is freedom" I get down on my knees today and pray for the millions who have lost their lives, I pray for their families and loved ones and I am full of gratitude for what they have given. So on this Memorial Day I shout out "you are not forgotten and many people celebrate you today and everyday, thank you for our freedom, thank God I can just be myself and make no apologies or God forbid be arrested because of my opinion" Thank you to the American Solder! Thank you, I am so very grateful.

No comments: