Sunday, September 21, 2008

My son has a cold. His nose is running out of control and he has made up his mind that nose wiping is out of the question. I tried running after him around the house and when I finally caught up with him there was two snotty snail trails that looked like war paint across his face. Because he was running they dried on which is problematic because I only have about 5 seconds to attempt to get a wipe in. This is not working so I have to resort plan B which in parenting is, try to be as creative as we can to accomplish task at hand without harming self or child. I found that if I make the tissue look like a rabbit and sing a stupid song about "Little Bunny Foo Foo" scooping up the boogers that he has no problem with wiping the nose. Parenting is exhausting and often humiliating, can you imagine coming up with a stupid song for every task we needed to accomplish with the adults in our lives? Hmm, maybe that would work with some of them. I am so glad I love my children so much. They make me laugh, stay young, force me to be creative, and never let me stay the same, thank you babies!

1 comment:

DAD 2 40 YER OLD MOM said...

you can say THAT again... I have NEVER been the same since you were my baby!!